Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Room 4 reading groups today


Today we started our first rotation of the High Wire Magazines. Each group has a Student as the "teacher" and a co- teacher. The students are learning to work together, be self motivated and gain deeper meaning of non fiction text. This grouping helps to make it possible for me to get to each group on a rotation basis and for the students to be actively involved in their learning, not just doing 'busy' work while waiting for me to get to them.
The students came up with the group work criteria (which is different from the strategy focus of the individual group work)

Our cornerstone purpose is:
TODAY I AM LEARNING TO: effectively communicate in a group situation
SO THAT I CAN: Express my ideas in a positive way.
I'LL KNOW I GOT IT RIGHT WHEN I CAN:
- share  ideas with my group
- talk with confidence
- ask good questions
- respond appropriately.


No comments:

Post a Comment